Write Your Representative and Senators on any Issue that is Important to You!
Welcome to the Progressive Action Center. While IAmProgress.org will feature specific issue and community action campaigns, we also want to make sure you can always take action on any issue important to you. The Progressive Action Center is the place to take these actions. We have provided you with blank action forms to write Congress, the President, and the editors of your local and national news media, as well as tips on how to write effective letters.
Tips for Writing Congress
1. Start with a strong, clear statement about what you want your Representative and Senator to know.
2. Include the bill # and/or title if you are writing about a particular piece of legislation.
3. Write about how the bill or issue will affect you, your family, and your community specifically.
4. Use a civil tone, even if you choose to take a strong tone.
5. Ask specific questions about the issue and your Members' position on the issue.