Tell Congress You Support SNAP!
On July 11, the House Agriculture Committee will vote on a Farm Bill proposal that hurts struggling families by cutting over $16 billion from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP. What does this mean for low-income Americans?
- 500,000 households would see their benefits cut by $90 per month
- 2 million to 3 million individuals would lose their food assistance entirely
- Nearly 300,000 kids would lose free school meals
These cuts would be devastating for our most vulnerable neighbors. Ninety-three percent of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly food stamps) benefits go to households below the poverty line, and 76 percent of SNAP households include a child, elderly person, or disabled person.
Please help us tell Congress that we need their support to stand up for hungry families! Call or email today and urge your representative to oppose cuts to supplemental nutrition assistance in the Farm Bill.
Use our toll-free number to call right now and urge Congress to oppose cuts to nutrition programs in the Farm Bill!
- Dial 877.698.8228. When prompted, enter your zip code and listen to the brief instructions. You’ll then be automatically patched through to your Representative’s office. State that you are a constituent and give your name and the town you are calling from.
- Let them know you are calling about the Farm Bill and deliver this important message:
I strongly oppose cuts to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and other nutrition assistance programs. Please vote against the proposed cuts to supplemental nutrition assistance in the House Farm Bill. Increasing hunger in America is the wrong vote.
Or, simply enter your zip code below and email your Representative today to make your voice heard.